- fbinst.sh v0.9.7
- Updates source via CVSup.
- Builds world and/or kernel(s).
- Installs world and/or kernel(s) in correct order.
- Installs multiple kernels in separate directories (KERNCONF) along with a default kernel.
- Calls mergemaster for configuration.
- Written in Bourne shell.
- May be run automatically (needs more testing).
FreeBSD nullfs jail builder
- mknulljail.sh v0.1
FreeBSD Port Conductor defunct
- pc.pl v0.4.1
- ALPHA (but close to BETA) quality! Bugs may be found. I use it on my system all of the time.
- Uses Perl.
- It does not use /usr/ports/INDEX, therefore, rebuilding that is not required.
- All files to be updated are downloaded before the ports are touched.
- It should be stricter on following dependencies. It builds a tree internally finding all ports that need to be upgraded or installed before starting.
- Crash recovery. A user can continue from where a failure occurs. For example, if a build fails, the program will exit. Fix the build. Start the program back up to continue the upgrade of the system.
- It will have deletion support. This is not finished.
- Detects (and deletes) dead dependencies. This prevents failures (i.e., pine upgraded from openldap-client21 to openldap-client22 which conflict with each other.
- Many options will try to be the same between portupgrade and pc although some exceptions will exist. For example, -R assumes -r. This is part of the stricter dependencies.